[fedora-arm] BeagleBone Black CPU speed

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:52:20 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnelson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like the BeagleBone Black is still running at 550MHz with the
>> latest Fedora 20. Does anyone know what is holding it back from running at
>> 1GHz? Is the a uboot thing, or a kernel thing, or something else? I saw a
>> version of uboot referred to as making the BBB run at 1GHz, but when I tried
>> experimenting with that I got the same 550MHz clock speed.
>
> with v3.12.x:
> These 5 patches are needed:
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/tree/am33x-v3.12/patches/cpufreq
>
> or with v3.13-rcX:
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev/blob/am33x-v3.13/patches/dts/0002-arm-dts-am335x-boneblack-add-cpu0-opp-points.patch

I've enabled the generic cpufreq support, we had it disabled as when
it first landed it had problems.

The BBB is booting with 3.13rc8 with no patches but there's a few
issues I need to resolve this week with USB so I'll review that for
the BB patchset to make sure it's there. Is it queued to go upstream
for 3.14?