[fedora-arm] system with FXS port

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jan 17 16:05:52 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 10:07 AM, Omalley_s wrote:
> The mirabox and d3 both have mini pci slots, but I don't think either
> are supported by fedora. Getting it to work might not be that bad
> depending on what they did with the bootloader.
>
> I am guessing that if you have a kernel driver for your pci card for
> x86, it should be able to be compiled into the arm kernel without a
> lot of fuss.
>
> I would love one to try.

I was reminded that with spandsp, you can get a v32modem to function as
an fxs port.  Of course this puts the burden for i/o handling on your
cpu.  Use to do this lots of years ago, and really forgot those days.
You do have to watch out for how disk i/o could interupt the modem handling.

I am hoping with a duo-core arm, like the cubie2 or truck and a smallish
SSD drive (what do I need for storage anyway?), I can get this working
with a usb modem.  Will also test out the cisco SPA-112 which is supose
to have all the functionality I need.

This is now slotted as a feb/mar project.

thanks all for the advice.  Though a 'real' fxs for an arm board would
be the makings of a real home pbx solution.