[fedora-arm] BeagleBone Black CPU speed

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:37:16 UTC 2014

Hi Steve,

> It looks like the BeagleBone Black is still running at 550MHz with the
> latest Fedora 20. Does anyone know what is holding it back from running at
> 1GHz? Is the a uboot thing, or a kernel thing, or something else? I saw a
> version of uboot referred to as making the BBB run at 1GHz, but when I tried
> experimenting with that I got the same 550MHz clock speed.

If you're interested could you try the kernel-3.13.0-1.1.fc20 scratch
kernel [1] on your BBBlack. It should add freq scaling support and you
should be able to tell if it detects it appropriately if the
cpufreq-cpu0 module loads. Feedback welcome.

Peter

[1] http://pbrobinson.fedorapeople.org/arm-kernel/kernel-3.13.0-1.1.fc20.armv7hl.rpm