[fedora-arm] I think my USB serial UART died - when will F21 have display support?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jul 28 20:28:05 UTC 2014

On 07/28/2014 04:10 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 07/28/2014 08:18 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> On 07/28/2014 02:05 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> F-21 uses upstream kernels, it will likely still be a while before the upstream kernels get video / hdmi out support.
>> Now that is truly a disturbing piece of news.
>>
>> Does the vga video on the Cubietruck work?
>>
>> What did you do to get the video working in your F20 remix?
> The F-20 remix is not mine, I did the F18 and F19 remixes, since F20 I've
> been focussing on upstream. The remixes all use a linux-sunxi.org 3.4
> kernel, which is derived from the android kernel sources for
> allwinner boards. The linux-sunxi.org kernels are still being
> maintained by the linux-sunxi community, so it shouldn't be hard
> for someone to do a remix using the 3.4 kernel for F-21.

My understanding with remixes is that I cannot replace the kernel. This
makes doing a 'yum update' next to impossible.  I tried
'--exclude=kern*'  but that left all sorts of dependecies hanging.

Thus this early into F21, it would seem that whoever took on the remix
would have a big job to stay on top of the continual changes.