[fedora-arm] Funding for creation of Fedora 20 Pandaboard spin

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 02:42:48 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 5:11 AM, Peter TB Brett <peter at peter-b.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I think we need to make a distinction here between "kernel" and
>>> "distribution". If you can boot a kernel, you can boot any distro's
>>> rootfs
>>> (I'm completely ignoring installers here).
>>
>> That's not entirely true, Fedora for example has a hard requirement on
>> a number of kernel features that will cause major issues if they're
>> not present.
>>
>> That said I honestly don't believe it should be too hard for someone
>> with a hard debugger and a bit of know how to work out what is wrong
>> with the Fedora kernel on the PandaBoard devices to allow them to be
>> supported again in the main distribution kernel. The main problem
>> we've got is people with the know how don't have the interest and visa
>> versa. I personally just don't have the time and gave my HW debugger
>> away as a result.
>>

> The reason that we were considering providing some funding was in hope of
> overcoming the lack-of-interest barrier.

Last I looked at it for the newer ES boards memory.

Just need to create a new dts file, limiting the emifX node to only
one cs instead of the two currently used by panda common.  The memory
timing will have to also be copied from u-boot, and the emif driver
may need to be verified to only recognize one cs line.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/