[fedora-arm] Update Fedora 20 on Beaglebone Black

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:29:12 UTC 2014

> Sorry, yes. I don't care for Ubuntu whatsoever, however the BBB  FTDI, and
> cdc-arm kernel support
> & general usb support is excellent, which suits the hardware devices we use.

The BBBlack doesn't have FTDI built in (the original BeagleBone did),
you need a serial header for that to work, by cdc-arm do you mean
cdc-acm (ie a general emulated serial over USB style port), if so it's
on my todo list but I've not had time to work on it of late. It
generally works  and you can hack it up so it appears but I need to
work out how do start it from within dracut so it all comes up before
the root filesystem is mounted. Patches are welcome :-)

> If I could just get a FC20 bootable image (simple angstrom MOL file remove
> method)
> with similar kernal support, I would be well on my way to setup rpmbuild,
> and get the packages built,
> including a loaded image for the Amateur Radio Community..

The Fedora 20 image is bootable. There's documentation on the wiki how
to work around the first boot by setting a username/password.

> Thankyou for your interest it is appreciated, and I certainly am dedicated
> to promoting Fedora as a
>  Fedora user here for many years.

As am I but I just don't have enough hours in the day