[fedora-arm] Status Fedora on Cubieboard

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 16:39:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 08:34:07PM +0100, Dr. Peter G. Baum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since the Beaglebone Black is currently difficult to purchase
> I'm looking for alternatives.
>
> What is the status of Fedora on the Cubieboard?
> I saw that announcement
> http://cubieboard.org/2014/01/13/fedora-20-available-for-cubietruck/
> But one comment says, that it stopped working after an "yum update".
>
> Any news on that?

I'm using Hans's remix, and it works great.  You have to read the
README.  I think the Cubietruck is a great little development board.

Get a serial cable (CP2102), and a 2.5" SATA drive.

It's possible that you'll break the kernel by doing a "yum update".
You can stop yum from touching the kernel by adding an exclude pattern
into /etc/yum.conf.  But I think a better idea is to have a look at
how the remix kernel boots (the various boot.cmd/boot.scr/vmlinuz
files).  You'll need to understand this stuff anyway if you want to
update to an upstream kernel to get KVM working.

Hans is working on getting everything into Fedora 21 so various
AllWinner devices should work out of the box.

There are various bits about the Cubietruck on my blog
(http://rwmj.wordpress.com)

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v