[fedora-arm] Each boot on my Cubietruck, and different MACaddr

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 09:31:54 UTC 2014

>>> This is NOT a question about Redsleeve.  Rather about the F19 uboot
>>> that I use with RSEL.  It would impact any F19 Cubietruck system, and
>>> as Hans has pointed out any F20 Cubietruck system.

We didn't support any AllWinner devices in the F-19 u-boot.

I have no idea what RSEL is, it's certainly nothing to do with Fedora
or a Red Hat product, as the acronym might indicate, if it's an
"Enterprise Linux" as the acronym leads me to believe I suggest you go
to which ever company is providing support for it.

This is a Fedora list and as I've mentioned a number of times before
not a place for any queries about Redsleeve whether you're using any
random component of Fedora, whether it be a mainline component or
remix.

>> Note that Fedora 19's u-boot has zero support for the Cubietruck. so
>> that is not what you are using, only Fedora 21's and newer u-boot have
>> support for the cubietruck. I am not sure what bits you are actually
>> using but it does not sound like fedora is in any of it.  if you have
>> the issues with f21 or newer then we can work on them and figure out
>> what is happening.
>

> Check Hans de Goede's post on this list on 7/18/13
>
> "Announcing Fedora 19 ARM remix for Allwinner SOCs release 1, now with A20
> support"
>
> There are specific instructions for the Cubie at
>
> http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb2/installation/cb2_fedora_19_card_install
>
> Just specify cubietruck rather than cubieboard2.

Yes, this is a _REMIX_ which isn't supported as part of Fedora.
Neither the uboot or the kernel from the remix are supportable by the
ARM project. We barely have the resources to support the stuff we ship
upstream in the main Fedora.

> I believe he stopped with RC3, which is what I and others are using.  The
> F20 was done by someone else, but I think Hans said the same uboot.
>
> One thing going for F19 and F20, is that there is video support, so for
> those few systems where I need the video interface, I am using it.  When I
> use the F19 device modules with RSEL, I do get video support, but since
> these are servers, I don't use it.

This uses an ancient 3.4 kernel with custom patches. We don't have the
time, resources or desire to support a kernel from the age of the
dinosaurs in terms of the speed of ARM kernel development.

> Also for Centos7-arm, Karanbir, back on 7/2/14, was instructing how to start
> with a F19 armv7 repo as the starting point for building C7arm.  But there
> has been no traffic on that list really since early August.

So it's a question for CentOS. This is Fedora :-) I'm well aware of
what Karanbir is using for CentOS bring up but it doesn't mean that
the Fedora mailing list is a suitable location to discuss CentOS
related things because it has a tenable, at best, link back to the
Fedora ARM project.

> I look forward to finishing these conversion projects so I can get back to
> testing F21.

So once you're back to testing Fedora feel free to come back here with
Fedora ARM mainline based questions.