[fedora-arm] u-boot 2014.10 GA on it's way to F-21

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Sat Oct 18 20:04:54 UTC 2014

Hopefully I did something wrong, but it's not working at all for me on
the beaglebone black:

Here is what I get when I try to boot from eMMC:

U-Boot SPL 2014.10-gc4b8756-dirty (Oct 15 2014 - 08:57:04)
omap_hsmmc_send_cmd: timedout waiting on cmd inhibit to clear
spl: mmc init failed: err - -19
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Here is what I get when I make a new SD card from the latest minimal image:

U-Boot 2014.10-gc4b8756-dirty (Oct 15 2014 - 08:57:04)

       Watchdog enabled
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  0 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
*** Error - No Valid Environment Area found
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
cpsw, usb_ether
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc0 is current device
Scanning mmc 0:2...
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Card did not respond to voltage select!
Booting from nand ...

no devices available

no devices available
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!

When I am in the uboot command processor, I cannot select the internal
eMMC at all:

U-Boot# mmc dev 1
Card did not respond to voltage select!

Previously, I was booting with no problems from either eMMC or SD with F21.

Thanks,

Adam