[fedora-arm] Each boot on my Cubietruck, and different MACaddr

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Sep 9 10:32:28 UTC 2014

On 09/09/2014 02:38 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/09/2014 12:40 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I do not have this behaviour on the Cubieboard2, just on my Cubietruck.
>>
>> I thought it was a problem with the F21 build, but today I am working with F19 remix:
>>
>> http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb2/installation/cb2_fedora_19_card_install
>>
>> And I keep getting a different MACaddr.  This makes it really hard to use persistant.rules to control things based on MACaddr.
>>
>> Is this just my particular Cubietruck?  I remember Hans talking about since there is no eeprom, he has to use SID as the basis for the MACaddr.
>>
>> Is there anyway for me to set the MACaddr.  It is eating up all my dhcp addresses.
> Then you likely need a newer u-boot, the latest u-boot for sunxi has code
> to calculate a mac address from the unique bits of the SID, and then passes
> this to the kernel through DT which then picks this up.
>
> The latest upstream u-boot has this.

How do I use this later uboot with the old F19 image?  What files do I
copy from a F21 SDcard to the F19 SD card?

Of course, I actually LIKE that the uboot that comes with F19 has
working video, whereas F21 with the more uptodate uboot does not.
Sometimes I want a boot that I can use a keyboard/mouse on a GUI with.

I am assuming that the uboot in F21 is the most current for Cubietruck.
I have the git instructions for building my own Cubieboard2 uboot from
your repository for F21.  For F19 on the C2, I use what you provide.