[fedora-arm] F22 uboot

Clive Messer clive.m.messer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 18:30:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-16 at 18:18 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Yes, we've just got a couple of bits to clean up or verify regarding
> consoles and it should be good to go.

Peter,

Ta. I was going to nod politely and stay the hell away from anything
contentious, like talking about applying patches that haven't been
upstreamed, but what the hell.....

I've attached 2 patches for the 2015.04 uboot package, that I applied to
the 2015.04 that I have been testing on multiple platforms today. I have
a bunch of users who were early adopters of the Wandboard, thus the have
the earlier B1 revision of the board and need to boot with the revb1
version of the dtb file. Hence why, ever since the revC board was
released I've been building extra uboot images for the B1.

I'm quite happy supporting what I need to support, the way I want to
support it with my "private" builds, but just thought I'd mention that
having looked at the 2015.04 uboot today, I've thrown away all of my
other extra patches, now superfluous to requirements, except for this.

It's actually good that with F22GA, there will be uboot support for all
the "Fruit clones", Orange as well as Banana. But that leads to another
question that I think I already directed at Hans.... When is
sun7i-a20-orangepi.dtb, (fdtfile referenced from uboot img), going to
hit mainline? It's not in 4.0?  F22GA will be shipping with 4.0 kernel,
right? Any change of patching that into Fedora kernel srpm until it hits
mainline, please? ;)

Regards

Clive
--