[fedora-arm] Lamobo R1 u-boot patch

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Aug 23 17:06:01 UTC 2015

Hi Milorad,

On 08/23/2015 08:40 AM, mo.ucina wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> I have been wrestling with the u-boot for BananaPi R1 (Lamobo R1) for some time . As you have mentioned and I have also seen , many people are working on this board , but not too many have attempted to submit patches up stream . I am attaching to this email a patch , which combines work of many people such as Igor P - armbian , Zoltan H - openwrt , and others who have scattered their scripts over the internet . I believe that within the patch we have the important information captured for the Lamobo R1 board : SATA power , IR , GMAC . As you can see the dts has evolved from the original
> bananapi which it uses for basis , and additional bits were put on . I do not know the original revision of the bananapi dts , but I can see that it differs a lot form the current one in terms of structure . I wanted to attempt to re-write it to make it closer to the current one , but was sure that I would brake it , if I did . I leave it to your skill . Since I have a couple of these boards , I am happy to test any mods for you .

We need to have someone officially submitting a patch upstream,
to do so you need to create a git commit in a git checkout of
the kernel and then apply the changes and do "git commit -as"
and then "git send-email HEAD~", this assumes a properly
configured git, see:
https://revspace.nl/KernelDriverProgrammingCourse2015/Preparations

And then "8) Configure git so that you can send out patches, edit ~/.gitconfig and add the following lines:"

Also for a u-boot patch the dts file needs at a minimum to be
submitted to the upstream kernel (preferably it needs to
be accepted, but at a minimum it needs to be submitted)
through the official submission process.

About the dts, the dts is using direct paths to various
dts nodes, now a days the norm is to address existing
nodes by reference, see e.g.:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/sun5i-a13-utoo-p66.dts

Which is addressing e.g. the ehci0 node as &ehci0, rather then
creating the entire path to the ehci0 node.

Also I wonder if you should define 3 uarts in the dts, are the pins of all
routed to gpio headers ?

Regards,

Hans