[fedora-arm] Fedora ARM with RaspberryPi 2?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 10 13:14:36 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 07:32 AM, Michael Horne wrote:
> So where would I locate an appropriate kernel? I read about the
> fedora-arm-installer and it states that you specify a 'u-boot' and
> gives options like bananapi etc, will I also require RPI2 u-boot files?
>
> I've gone with the Raspbian release (it smells horrible like Debian).
>
> I can't wait to get this little puppy running RHEL.

As Peter said, never RHEL, but...

I have Redsleeve 6 (Centos 6 for arm port) running on Cubieboard 2 & 3
by using the F19 remix kernel.  You can see how I did this at:

http://cdn.opensxce.org/redsleeve/el6/cubieboard2/

The challenge has been EPEL6-arm.  The maintainer went away and it is
static.  For some things that were no-arch, I was able to pull the rpms
from the EPEL6-x86 repo and do a localinstall.

Centos 7 is more likely.  There is a mailing list for Centos-arm
development.  At some point there will be some builds.