[fedora-arm] What is with Xfce not building?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:36:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I trid to figure out by looking at the logs, but since I am not a builder, I
> am not getting why for a week? now there has not been a successful Xfce
> build.
>
> I am sure people are working on it, and I have other things to keep me busy
> with.  So if there is no new Xfce to work with, I will wait.

It's a known issue due to the Xorg rebase affecting all desktops, it's
been discussed on the main devel@ list.

> But I am more interested in why the USB disconnects on my Cubietruck
> requiring a poweroff.

That's clear by the dozens of bloody emails you send about it. Sorry
but we don't have full time kernel developers sitting around just to
fix all your issues with USB. If it was an easy fix believe me I would
have fixed it but it's not and the part time kernel ARM people are
stretched very thin. Once it's fixed upstream the fix will land in
Fedora.... until then we know it's an issue but then I've got 100s of
other kernel issues all vying for my time. Maybe you could find the
last kernel where it worked and the "git bisect" the issue if it's so
important.