[fedora-arm] Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-22_Alpha-TC1-sda.raw.xz on Cubietruck

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 19 23:06:29 UTC 2015

On 02/19/2015 05:57 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 19 February 2015 at 15:31, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com
> <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>

>     But then I have to figure out a password that is accepted by the
>     new very strict rules!
>

> Yes this is a bug being discussed on the main devel and anaconda
> lists. Try Fedora_Project123! the set it to whatever you want
> afterwords. If that doesn't work use

> "YouHaveToBeKiddingMeYouIdioticInstaller" (the " are part of the
> password.) I change out Idiotic with various Anglo Saxon Norse words
> which are not proper to use on a mailing list.

You got that right!

Yes, I have read up on this on the main devel list and put one comment
in on it.

Look up Rich Smith's cryptosmith.org on password sanity.

Let's say the english dictionary has 5x10^5 words.  A string of 6 words
would take a 5x10^30 rainbow table to look up.  Yet such a password gets
flagged as weak.  Perhaps there are some shortcuts that make the space
smaller, but I can't see it being so much smaller.

Hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later.