[fedora-arm] Exfat on Rawhide?

Robert Brown rebrown at exemail.com.au
Sat Feb 21 21:40:05 UTC 2015

Hi

On 22/02/15 07:59, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2015 10:16 PM, "Robert Brown" <rebrown at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>> Downloaded exfat-utils-1.1.1-1.fc21.armv7hl.rpm
>> from http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=exfat-utils
>>
>> (and also tried an earlier version :exfat-utils-1.0.1-2.fc21.armv7hl.rpm from http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/rawhide/armhfp/os/)
>>
>> and rpm'd it but still get
>>
>> mount: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'
>> whether I specify the fs type or not in the mount command.
>> But it looks like the utils are installed as exfatfsck  and exfatlabel are present.
> You need the exfat-fuse package in order to actually mount exFAT
> filesystems. exfat-utils only contains helper utilities like its fsck.
Thanks T.C. Works a treat.

> BTW, if you're going to use packages from rpmfusion, you should
> properly enable the repository so you can install packages with
> yum/dnf and receive updates as usual:
> http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
>
> Then you can just `yum install exfat-fuse`.

When I go this way I get a roadblock ;
"One of the configured repositories failed (RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 -
Free - Updates),"

I am still getting used to the Fedora world having come across from
Ubuntu so it's probably something I am not getting right. Or maybe I
just need to run the 266 MB update.

Thanks
Rob