[fedora-arm] Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-22-20150223-sda.raw.xz - Cubietruck

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Feb 23 23:08:18 UTC 2015

This time I did not use the serial console, wanting to see how the
install progressed without it connected.  I DO have the uartUSB
connected, just not plugged into my notebook.

The boot started fine with the initial boot information appearing on the
screen.  Then nothing.  I did not time how long it took until the
graphical configurator appeared, but it was a while.  Perhaps a couple
minutes?  It would be good to have some indication of progress; the
uninitiated might think that nothing is working until finally a mouse
pointer appears as the 1st indication that there is life after boot starts.

Standard experience with the configurator.  It did not like my old
strong passwords, but Fedora_Project123 worked to get past that blocker,
and then changed with passwd after install.

Xfce came up as usual with no supprises there.  With proper power, no
USB problems.

This time I moved on to printing testing.  I installed my HP8500
printer, using the HP port 9100.  Started normal with opening up the
firewall for 9100, and then waiting for software to be found.  Got an
error on 'success' notification, and could not find anything in
journalctl for this.   Tried again and the setup went successfully and
test print worked.

Still having problems with enscript and duplex printing.  I thought I
submitted a bug report on this back in F21, but don't see it :(

I would duplex print Internet Drafts with:

enscript -2r --margins=:::45 -DDuplex:true -P HP8600
draft-moskowitz-sse-00.txt

this worked in F17 and F19.  It stopped in F20.  I will submit a bug on
this.  Unless someone knows of a nice tool to two-up/Duplex Internet
Drafts...

I will continue to test things out.  One goal is to have a working
system to take down to my parents mid-May when I go visit them for their
70th wedding anniversary. To plug into their TV.  Would need WiFi and BT
kybd/mouse for that project...