[fedora-arm] Flash plugin?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:53:23 UTC 2015

>> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Went looking for the flash-plugin for arm, and don't find one.
>>> get.adobe.com/flashplayer thinks I need the i386 version.
>>
>> afaik none exists. I have heard of versions in the past but they were
>> tied closely to proprietary X drivers and hardware video acceleration.
>> and wouldnt work with what is in the fedora kernel. I personally do not
>> have flash installed on my machines anymore.
>

> What do you do for sites like cnn.com? My bank's home page uses flash, and I
> get errors (of course you have flash!) before I can get to the login spot.
>
> Also if I am going to give this system to my parents, they will not know how
> to deal with a browser that does not handle flash.

Ultimately what do you expect us to do? This is out of our hands, go
and complain to Adobe.

This is not something we can magically fix just because you want to
give some device to your parents.

If it was open source we could fix it but it's not. Flash is on the
way out, I've not had it installed for well over 2 years because I got
sick of it crashing my browser. If your bank relies on something as
insecure as flash as a core part of their banking site I'd go to a
different bank but ultimately that is off topic for this list.