[fedora-arm] cubietruck boots from sdcard, but f21 doesn't find mmcblk

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Feb 25 14:33:50 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 09:19 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> First time trying to setup my cubietruck/cubieboard3. I used
> fedora-arm-installer[1] to fill in an 8GB sd card on my host machine, using
> Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-5-sda.raw.xz.

Did you include

--target=Cubietruck

on the installer script command?  (case insensitive, ir you read the script)

I have run this successfully on my Cubietruck and Cubieboard2 (I sent in
a script change to support the C2, don't know if it has been rolled in).

Though I am now working with F22 Alpha to get video support.

> Pop it into my cubietruck, connect via serial console, start it up. Machine
> passes uboot fine and boots the initrd, but eventually fails waiting for the
> root mount point to show up, and falls back to dracut.

Mount the card on your host system and see that you get the __boot and
__ partitions.  Perhaps there is something wrong with your card install
step.  After I build an SD card, I use gparted to increase the __
partition to max size for the card.  The I pull out the card from my
host system. I would like to see this step automated in the script.