[fedora-arm] Banana Pi R1 on fedora 21

mo.ucina mo.ucina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 07:15:01 UTC 2015

Hello Guys,

I have bought a Banana Pi R1 board with a plan to use it as my gateway
server/router and to replace a full-size PC which was doing the job
until now . It has , beside the regular banana hardware , a SATA
interface and most importantly 5 Ethernet ports (1 wan connection and 4
LAN connections) . My plan is to make it a router/firewall server as
well as ods-and-ends,print,http,file etc... machine . I was pleased to
see that Fedora 21 supports banana pi straight out of the box , so I
rushed out and installed the minimal version . All was good as far as
getting the banana r1 booted and talking , however one crucial part does
not work at the moment . And that is wired networking , it seems that
the drivers are not working or are missing. I have been able to get it
connected via an old USB-Ethernet adapter which was recognised
immediately. Can you please help in getting the networking working , I
can assist in providing prints , compiling software . Any assistance is
much appreciated .

Best Regards
Milorad