[fedora-arm] Banana Pi R1 on fedora 21

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jan 1 13:19:46 UTC 2015

On 01/01/2015 02:15 AM, mo.ucina wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I have bought a Banana Pi R1 board with a plan to use it as my gateway
> server/router and to replace a full-size PC which was doing the job
> until now . It has , beside the regular banana hardware , a SATA
> interface and most importantly 5 Ethernet ports (1 wan connection and
> 4 LAN connections) . My plan is to make it a router/firewall server as
> well as ods-and-ends,print,http,file etc... machine . I was pleased to
> see that Fedora 21 supports banana pi straight out of the box , so I
> rushed out and installed the minimal version . All was good as far as
> getting the banana r1 booted and talking , however one crucial part
> does not work at the moment . And that is wired networking , it seems
> that the drivers are not working or are missing. I have been able to
> get it connected via an old USB-Ethernet adapter which was recognised
> immediately. Can you please help in getting the networking working , I
> can assist in providing prints , compiling software . Any assistance
> is much appreciated .

Looking here,

http://www.banana-pi.com/eacp_view.asp?id=64

One thing I note they left out are the mounting holes for the sata
drive.  Those are pretty standard spacing, and they really could have
done that.  If you put a 2.5" sata drive into that adapter slot they
show, do the drive mounting holes miss the wire lines under the board?
That is can you drill your own holes to make up for their lack?

A single USB is definitely a limiter, particularly with no Bluetooth.  A
hub will be manditory for kydb/mouse/etc, or just put on a bluetooth USB
as today those are so small.  One item I want to add is an FXS port, and
if I build a USB dongle off the openFXS work, where would I connect it?
(FXS is for VoIP gateway support).

But thanks for the pointer.