[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 on Olimex Board (A10S)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 02:13:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 12:38 AM, Craig Lanning
<craig.t.lanning at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an A10S-OlinuXino-MICRO board.
>
> I loaded Fedora 20 on it before 21 was available and it worked fine.  It
> would use the HDMI monitor as its display.

You used the F-20 remix

> I tried Fedora 21 on it today.  I followed the F21 installation
> instructions that said to write the image to the SD card and then copy
> the U-Boot image for the specific card to the appropriate place.  For
> the Place I used the same instructions as given for the other A10 and
> A20 boards.

So that bit appears to have worked just fine.

> This booted up and wrote messages to the serial port.  It ended with a
> login prompt.  If I tried to enter a username via the terminal emulator,
> nothing happened.  It didn't seem to get any characters.  So I plugged a
> USB keyboard into it, but to no avail.  It recognized that I had plugged
> a keyboard in, but wouldn't use anything I typed.
>
> Is there additional configuration that I missed?

We don't currently support displays as there is no upstream support
for HDMI. If you used a disk image other than the minimal one the
initial-setup comes up on the graphical display. You need to use the
minimal image and then the initial-setup will come up on the serial
console and you can create users, set TZ etc.