[fedora-arm] Banana Pi R1 on fedora 21

mo.ucina mo.ucina at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 07:34:08 UTC 2015

Hello Guys,

I have booted the R1 using the generic bananapi approach as described here :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F21/Installation#For_the_Banana_Pi_.28Allwinner_A20.29
and worked fine from the very first time I tried .

The reason I mentioned a SATA port , in difference to the original
bananapi , is that it is a full sized SATA port with power within the
connector , and it will take a 2.5" hdd directly on board without any
cables . Also while on the subject , the board by LAMOBO as delivered is
slightly different than the pictures . There is a hole in the PCB
located near the edge , in the empty corner of the board which looks
like is positioned as a HDD fixing  point . So you end up with just one
mounting support point for the HDD , but it is probably sufficient with
the connector being the other . I would say you would need to use a
washer under the HDD to prop it up a little as it needs to clear some
surface mounted components that sit under the disk . Also the board as
delivered has a large piece of insulation tape 40mm x 40mm stuck over
those components as a way of insuring that the HDD will not short out
the components .

I have noticed that the Debian (bananian) boys have been working on an
image for the R1 :
http://forum.lemaker.org/thread-10732-1-1-_release_bananian_14_11_for_bpi_r1_router_.html

I would like to try a kernel compilation , have not done this yet , not
sure how to go about doing this , (patching kernel src rpm ?) , until we
have a more permanent solution .

Best Regards
Milorad