[fedora-arm] u-boot plans for Fedora 22 ?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 14:21:16 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I assume that we will be rebasing u-boot to the just released v2015.01
for F-22? But I was wondering if there is any chance we can jump to
v2015.04 ? The reason I'm asking is that things are progressing
quite rapidly on the u-boot side, at least with Allwinner SoC support,
I've just send a pull-req for v2015.04 with the following highlights:

1) Improved sun6i (A31) support, including support for the A31s variant and
    automatic assignment of a SoC serial based MAC address for ethernet
2) Full sun8i (A23) support including DRAM controller init and SPL, so now
    people can boot these boards using a full FOSS solution
3) Many improvement to the graphical console support, automatic selection
    of the native mode for HDMI/DVI monitors via DDC + EDID, LCD panel support,
    VGA output support
4) Preparation work for OTG controller support, together with 3) this allows using
    u-boot on tablets effortlessly. The rest of the OTG support is going upstream
    through the usb tree

And if possible I would like to see this end up in Fedora 22 :)

Regards,

Hans