[fedora-arm] testing Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-rawhide-20150110-sda.raw.xz

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 08:49:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 14-01-15 18:34, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have finally squeezed some time in to run a test on a Cubieboard2.  I will be doing more testing over the next couple weeks.  I hope.
>
> This rawhide minimal is not prompting me during first boot for root passward, timezone, adduser.  Not added yet?
>
> No longer have to modify boot for the 'console' option.  That is working nicely.
>
> I plugged in the ethernet cable a while after logging in and it took some time to gain IP addressing.  I am use to ifdown eth0;ifup eth0.  Of course with no config file, these do not work.  What do I use instead to give in this case dhcp a kick to get IP addresses?
>
> I see it comes with the 3.19 kernel.  What uboot, per Hans' lastest email?  Obviously I would like to test out video support.  I will be able to do some of the 3.19 kernel testing once I get a few things up and working.
>
> As I am away until friday, and did not bring an HDMI cable with me to connect to the room TV, I will probably not be doing much else testing until friday.

For the sunxi video output support to work we need to enable simplefb,
are we currently enabling any fbdev (so non kms) drivers on arm?

If so I think we should add simplefb, if not I guess we may want to wait
for simpledrm which is a kms driver using the same firmware interface
to get the framebuffer from u-boot.

Regards,

Hans