[fedora-arm] A question on extlinux.conf

mo.ucina mo.ucina at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 09:08:32 UTC 2015

Hello Guys,

Mind if I ask a silly question : Why do we have following lines in the
/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

root at gateway /home/msou # cat /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
# extlinux.conf generated by appliance-creator
ui menu.c32
menu autoboot Welcome to Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-5. Automatic boot in #
second{,s}. Press a key for options.
menu title Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-5 Boot Options.
menu hidden
timeout 20
totaltimeout 600

default=Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-5 (3.17.4-301.fc21.armv7hl)
etc....

If they are going to error out on bootup :

Ignoring unknown command: ui
Ignoring malformed menu command:  autoboot
Ignoring malformed menu command:  hidden
Ignoring unknown command: totaltimeout
Ignoring unknown command: default=Fedora

etc...

What should we have in there , which actually does work , and will not spit out errors .

Best Regards

Milorad