[fedora-arm] F21 VFAT boot partition?

Scott M. Jones scott at aprr.org
Tue Jan 27 01:14:10 UTC 2015

Success!!

For U-boot I found I needed to change include/configs/omap3_beagle.h
instead of configs/omap3_beagle_defconfig and added:

#define CONFIG_SPL_EXT_SUPPORT
#undef  CONFIG_SPL_FAT_SUPPORT

However, I could not get MLO to load from any ext partition on the SD
card.  I went back to adding a new VFAT slice and now I'm just using the
"stock" MLO/u-boot.img from /usr/share/uboot/beagle.

I did: fdisk -c=dos /dev/(device) and added a partition from sectors 32
to 2047.  I deleted other partitions first and recreated them so that
the VFAT partition is slice 1.  Then I copied MLO and u-boot.img to the
VFAT slice and added the uEnv.txt I was using with F20 and a few small
changes, and it boots now.

Now running F21 LXDE on Beagleboard XM rev B.  Tried KDE but it is
really slow...

Problems:
- The boot process was hanging after complaining about not able to
enumerate USB devices.  After a few minutes it went into emergency mode
(root shell on initramfs).  After booting several times I finally got to
a multi-user login.  Once I ran yum update and booted from the new
kernel, this problem disappeared.
- LXDE GUI logout doesn't work; nothing happens.  Shutdown and restart
from the GUI are OK.  Killing LXDM is the workaround.