[fedora-arm] Installation of Fedora 22 on my ARM based board

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:42:18 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

> It's using a TI AM3352 OMAP family SoC. Overall it looks like a BeagleBone
> Black, but no EEPROM on i2c, different DDR RAM (and no sd card socket).
>
> I do have a device tree. I have full access to all the bits and pieces put
> together to make this boot under Angstrom, just don't know how to re-arrange
> them to make it boot under Fedora!

So if you've copied the DT onto the boot partition (partition 1) you
should be able do something along the lines of the bits below to get
it booting. I'm making the assumption here that it's got eMMC for the
onboard flash and it's identified as mmc0, update as appropriate. You
might need to swap ext4 for ext2, obviously update the name of the
dtb.

setenv bootargs console=${console} root=LABEL=_/ ro rootwait
ext4load mmc 0:1 0x80300000 vmlinuz-4.0.4-301.fc22.armv7hl
ext4load mmc 0:1 0x81600000 uInitrd-4.0.4-301.fc22.armv7hl
ext4load mmc 0:1 0x89300000 blah-blah.dtb
bootz 0x80300000 0x81600000 0x89300000

Let me know how you get on.

Do you have access to the u-boot source?