[fedora-arm] F22 on Cubietruck (armhf) no VGA output

Guido Haase guweha at web.de
Fri Jun 19 17:05:49 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I'm new to this list and have question related to Fedora 22 running on
armhf hardware, i.e. Cubietruck.

I used this installation guide

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Archi...2/Installation

section "For the Banana Pi / CubieBoard / CubieBoard2 / CubieTruck
(Allwinner A20)".

I tried two different images:

- Fedora-Workstation-armhfp-22-3-sda.raw.xz
- Fedora-LXDE-armhfp-22-3-sda.raw.xz

I successfully copied each of them to an sd card, booted from it and can
observe the booting process on serial terminal.

Sadly, I really need a graphical screen. Cubie is equiped with HDMI and
VGA. But, I have to use the VGA one. The monitor itself is o.k. and
connected to the Cubie, mouse and keyboard also both via USB.

But, I don't see anything on the VGA monitor, wether during boot process
nor later.

Actually I expected the graphical installer to come up there - but it
doesn't.

Having logging in via serial console I saw Xorg is running.

Any idea what I can do to get some output on VGA device?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

Guido

PS On F20 there was a file named uEnv.txt in uboot-directory.
   In this files you could define some settings like this:

   extraargs=console=ttyS0,115200 disp.screen0_output_type=4
   disp.screen0_output_mode=1024x768

   But, in F22 there is wether such file nor such directory.