[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 on BeagleBoard-xM Rev C

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Mon Mar 2 02:29:39 UTC 2015

On Sunday, March 01 2015, Scott M. Jones wrote:

> I ran into a problem where the kernel needs to load a vfat module in
> order to read /boot but the module is on /boot, so it goes to
> emergency mode. So you need to create a separate vfat partition for
> MLO and u-boot.img and leave /boot as ext.  Make the vfat partition p1
> and turn on the bootable flag.  (Or else recompile the kernel with
> vfat built in, not a module.)

Thanks, I tried that but I couldn't even boot my system anymore (i.e.,
the board wouldn't find the u-boot image).  Now, I am trying to get back
to the state I was before.

Indeed you are right, Linux is compiled with FAT support as a module.  I
will keep trying to generate a SDCard with a /boot partition that is not
FAT.

Any ideas?  BTW, I'm not doing any dd command to store the u-boot/MLO
files at certain positions in the partition; instead, I'm just copying
the files into the FAT partition.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36