[fedora-arm] Boot image vs PXE install

Tomasz UrbaƄski utom.pl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:30:35 UTC 2015

Robert,
Thank you for encouraging words. It really helps in the struggle. ;-)

Of course, I fully agree that it is not wise to construct PXE build when
you have one box. However, when you have almost ten of them in the home
lab, and you multiply it by OS annual releases plus periodical maintenance
refreshment cycles it becomes more reasonable to automate the process.
Furthermore there is a question of quality that I'm strongly interested in.
I mean that, when I automate configuration management details (at
installation phase <<with PXE>> and further at operations phase <<with
Puttet/SaltStack>>) I can be sure that there are no accidental differences
and misconfigurations. That's my idea-fix.
(I try to execute this policy in my home lab [mainly Atom and ARM
architecture based] as well as in professional multicore multiblade
environment.)

As far as I'm concerned, the best thing you could do is to publish a series
of blog posts describing your findings and procedure (...even for newbies).

I'm interested in every detail of your way of doing.

Regards
Tomasz