[fedora-arm] Samsung Chromebook 2 (Peach Pi), nv u-boot, kernel and initrd

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Nov 3 21:21:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

Has anybody managed to get this to work? I can get to work with a
custom kernel, but only using vboot and only without initrd.

As soon as I add the initramfs into the .its file, the resulting
image doesn't work. Is there a specific load/entry address that
has to be used for the initramfs? I tried using 0x50000000 which
works on my Chromebook 1 (snow), but it doesn't make any difference.

I also built a mainline u-boot which supposedly supports
the peach pi chromebook, but I cannot get that to boot
anything at all. The kernel fit image (kernel+dtb) that
boots fine using vboot (signed for vboot using vbutil_kernel)
loads fine in nv u-boot, but the boot gets stuck at

Starting kernel ...

I am using load address 0x42000000 in u-boot (since that
works on snow. Is the memory map on the peach pi radically
different? I tried a few different ranges but nothing
results in the boot completing.

Has anyone managed to get this to work using either
nv u-boot or a fit image containing the initramfs? I even
tried building the initramfs cpio into the kernel, but
that also causes it to stop booting with vboot.

The only thing I can think of is the load/entry addresses
being very picky for both and some FDT disagreement between
nv u-boot and the kernel (u-boot has exynos5800-peach-pi.dts
and the chromeos kernel sources use exynos5422-peach-pi.dts).

I am running out of ideas of what else to try. :-(

Gordan