[fedora-arm] Fedora 23 for aarch64 is here!

Marcin Juszkiewicz mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 08:35:38 UTC 2015

W dniu 10.11.2015 o 05:23, Clive Messer pisze:
> On Mon, 2015-11-09 at 17:20 -0600, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>> So ... your point is?
>
> My point? That Fedora is bootable out-of-the-box on the hardware that
> ordinary (non-commercial) users are actually buying and using.....
>
> PS. Fedora might support a lot more ARM boards via the 32 bit distro
> with F23, than it did with the F21 release, but it still doesn't
> support the most readily available and used board, with the most units
> sold and the biggest community.

You mean community which does not care about having own board supported
in any main distribution (Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu)? If they would care
then their board would be supported in mainline kernel long time ago.

Debian and Fedora got rid of any non-mainline kernels several releases
ago because it generated lot of work for maintainers and kept vendors
from caring about mainline support for their boards.

On ARM it means raspberry/pi boards (iirc odroid ones were not good
too). On AArch64 all CE 96boards ones.