[fedora-arm] failed to build kernel-4.2.0-300.fc23.src.rpm on armv7hl

mo.ucina mo.ucina at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 23:54:16 UTC 2015

On 14/09/15 20:00, Peter Robinson wrote:

>>> The patches apply fine for me for that NVR. A "fedpkg prep" applies
>>> them all fine, the format of the workqueue patch also looks fine to
>>> me. You might need to provide more context.
>>>
>>> Peter
>> Hello Peter,
>>
>> I did a bit of digging last night to find out where it was failing . The
>> error comes from my patch that I add for the lamobo R1 b53 drivers . I did
>> not realise at first that the kernel.spec was completely re-written, and
>> works differently now with 4.2 . My 'amateur' patch did not have the proper
>> git formatting (no mail , no id's) . This brings me to a question , is there
>> a nice elegant way of adding home-made patches that are not git-ed to the
>> kernel source now ? Before I just defined it like all the other ones in the
>> Patch Definition and Patch Application sections of the spec . For this one
>> to make it run I had to do a quick hack and put in "patch -p1 <
>> kernel.patch" into the spec . I can see that not all patches that people
>> make will be git-worthy .
> Most people do kernel development against some kernel get check out,
> it takes seconds to create a local branch and do patches against that.
> Anything we carry within Fedora has the expectation of either coming
> from upstream or is in a state it will go upstream both of which
> require git compatible patches so it was decided that thew minor
> inconvenience of forcing that vs the convenience of git was worth the
> trade off so not really, at least that I'm aware of.
>
> Peter
Hello Peter,

Understand fully . However my use case is slightly different , instead
of development/experimenting I have a small production environment . I
download the src rpm for the kernel from koji which has already been
tested , all the necessary fixes and corrections added , and is ready to
go . And because of no upstream support for Lamobo R1  I just need to
add the networking patch, then put it into service .

Best Regards
Milorad