[fedora-arm] System Time

Berend De Schouwer berend.de.schouwer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 04:43:29 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 10:48 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Berend De Schouwer <berend.de.schou
> wer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's nice if the clock is more-or-less right before services start.
> Isn't this what systemd-timesyncd is for?
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-timesyncd.ser
> vice.html

That actually acts too late, and depends on a network.  It fails to
help if the network is down at boot, unless you make all the services
block until the network is up.

It also fails if named doesn't work, and named doesn't work if the
clock is horribly out.  So now you have a catch-22.  Named depends on a
clock, and the clock depends on working DNS.

I think timesyncd is supposed to replace chronyd.