[fedora-astronomy] gnuradio in Fedora

Marek Mahut mmahut at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 30 12:55:26 UTC 2008

Lamar,

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Marek Mahut wrote:
>> Hello Lamar,
>>
>> Lamar Owen wrote:

>>> I can, once I get back to work after being sick.
>> Thanks and get well soon!
>
> USRP with the above version works, but you have to be root to use it.
> Non-root user doesn't get sufficient permissions to open the USRP.  I got
> lots of audio underruns and an odd sampling rate when using the wideband fm
> receiver example program, and the audio was the wrong speed; but I got audio
> (this laptop has one of the notoriously difficult intel HDA setups).
>
> Output:
> [root at localhost usrp]# usrp_print_db.py
> RX d'board A: Basic Rx
> RX d'board B: TV Rx
> TX d'board A: Basic Tx
> TX d'board B: <none>
> [root at localhost usrp]#

Thanks, good to know. Let me know if you hit another other issues using
this package. I'm trying to get one usrp for myself for a couple of
weeks for testing, but it's not easy. :)

Regards,

--
Marek Mahut               https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Astronomy/
Fedora Project                                   http://www.jamendo.com/