[fedora-astronomy] Iraf fork?

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Mon May 26 00:16:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008 22:12:39 +0200, you wrote:

>Sergio Pascual wrote:
>>> If I understood well, our better (and only ?) option if we want IRAF
>>> in Fedora is to push it to our trac server and work hard, right ? ( i
>>> do not consider the waiting solution )
>>
>> Yes, that's my opinion. But I would like to hear some others.
>
>Sadly true that it's our last solution.

An alternative is to not include iraf in Fedora directly but instead
package it up for RPM Fusion (rpmfusion.org).

While obviously not ideal it does at least get iraf packaged for
Fedora, and a project to replace the non-free bits could still go
ahead without the pressure of getting iraf in as soon as possible.