[fedora-astronomy] RPM packaging for astronomy software

"Germán A. Racca" german.racca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:54:55 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 12:30 AM, Joseph Wang wrote:

Hello,

> Hello,

[...snip...]

> One thing that I could use is some guidance as to which packages are
> most important
> to get incorporated.  We've already generated packages for IRAF and
> DS9, but in looking
> at the large list of ESO scisoft packages, it's not clear which RPM's
> should be packaged
> next.

ds9 is not in Fedora anymore, and I don't know why, but I'd like to have
it in Fedora again. I use it a lot, and I know of a lot of other
astronomers that also use it.

Also, I'd like to have in Fedora the following packages: Gildas, PyRAF
(after IRAF is ready), Kapteyn, Montage (but this is non-free license).

--
Germán A. Racca
Fedora Package Maintainer