[fedora-astronomy] Build iraf RPM on fedora

"Germán A. Racca" german.racca at gmail.com
Sat May 18 01:04:31 UTC 2013

On 05/17/2013 01:11 PM, Joseph Wang wrote:
> I've gotten the SRPM to build with mock and uploaded a link to dropbox
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1025783/iraf-2.16-1.src.rpm

Hi Joseph,

I've downloaded the srpm and recompiled it for F19 using mock in F18.
Then I installed the rpm in F19 beta and it seems to work fine, though
it needs java as a Requires because of the VO tools like Aladin. After
installing java-1.7.0-openjdk, Aladin opened fine.

Thanks for your work! All the best,
Germán.

> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Sergio Pascual
> <sergiopr at fedoraproject.org <mailto:sergiopr at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Joseph,
>
>     I haven't managed yet to get iraf built in mock. I create an srpm
>     using the two files you attach and another patch more from your
>     previous mail. I then build the rpm using mock but the compilation
>     fails.
>
>     Have you used mock to build the srpms? If not, please do so. It's the
>     only way to be sure that the dependencies are handled correctly.
>
>     I would appreciate a lot if you could upload your working source rpm
>     somewhere so that I can download it and recompile it in my system.
>
>     And thanks a lot for your hard work.
>
>     Regards, Sergio
>
>     2013/5/7 Joseph Wang <joequant at gmail.com <mailto:joequant at gmail.com>>:
>      > I got Hello world on fedora 18.
>      >
>      > The main roadblock was that f2c.h on fedora has had the fortran types
>      > changed a bit.
>      >

Germán A. Racca
Fedora Package Maintainer