[fedora-astronomy] problem building x11iraf from src.rpm

Raphael Jacquot sxpert at sxpert.org
Tue Sep 3 16:45:49 UTC 2013

On Sep 3, 2013, at 6:35 PM, debian-devel at liska.ath.cx (Olе Streicher) wrote:

> Hi Raphaël,
>
> Sorry, I can't help you with your problem; I just have a question
> regarding the IRAF install:
>
> Raphaël Jacquot <sxpert at sxpert.org> writes:
>> [...] (iraf did compile and is installed):
>
> If it is a 64 bit version: does it work correctly?

$ cat /etc/issue
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)
Kernel \r on an \m (\l)

[sxpert at gag9228 ~]$ uname -a
Linux gag9228.obs.ujf-grenoble.fr 3.10.10-200.fc19.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Aug 29 19:05:45 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[sxpert at gag9228 ~]$ cl
task `cl' has no param file
Fatal startup error.  CL dies.

I suppose I'm missing something ;-)

> Specifically, can you
> do the following in iraf-cl?
>
> imarith dev$pix / 1 image.real pixtype=r
>
> In case you are wondering: I am working to get the Debian package up,
> and this is the point where it fails. I am trying to check where Fedora
> and Debian ports differ.

I am aware (I read the list before posting)

I will be interested as we have some debian fans around here too.

By the way, I am working for IPAG; and IRAM are just next door, so I was planning on at least doing the GILDAS stuff ;-)

> Best regards
>
> Ole

Best Regards

Raphael