[fedora-astronomy] Imaging Source Cameras. Avistack

John Duchek john.duchek at asemonline.org
Sat Dec 27 14:03:10 UTC 2014

2015 - I just noticed that Imaging Source is now putting out software
and directions for using its cameras under Linux.

http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads-linux/

  For me that means 2 laptop computers that will no longer run Windows.
  I am currently trying to get my two IS cameras (One is a Celestron
NexImage 5, the other a DMK21AU04.AS). under Fedora 21.  The DMK was
already able to sort of run under Linux, the Celestron would not though
it was recognized when plugged in.  Taking planetary and Lunar images
with this is what I enjoy.

Also I am working on a project to move Avistack (free image stacking
software) from IDL to python.  If successful, this should allow it to
run well under Linux, Mac, and Windows.  That would make it a viable
alternative to Registax as it only runs under windows and under wine
(though not well).

John