[Fedora-Bangladesh] Can't start compiz manager

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 02:20:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 00:35 +0600, mak wrote:
> Dear Nirjhor bhai,
>
> You asked about compiz 8 days ago with the subject "Installing XGL" in
> this same list, Angel bhai asked you if you are using F13 beta then
> Lenin bhai suggested a fresh install. We didn't here from you on that
> thread anymore and though problesm solved with a fresh installation.
> But, it seems you are fetching with the same issue.

Well, I've installed a fresh copy but forgot to mention that. BTW I've
managed to figure out the solution all by myself. By issuing:

1. su -c 'yum remove compiz'

2. rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/compiz

3. su -c 'yum install compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-gnome
compiz-fusion-extras compiz-fusion-extras-gnome compiz-manager
gnome-compiz-manager ccsm fusion-icon fusion-icon-gtk emerald
emerald-themes'

4. ln -s /usr/bin/fusion-icon ~/.kde/Autostart/fusion-icon

Thanks for your help.