[Fedora-Bangladesh] Problem while setting up TOR

Junayeed Ahnaf zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 05:16:07 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was trying to setup TOR (doesn't matter why I just wanna do). But things get
messed up. Let me tell you my steps first:

**First I created a repo of TOR in my /etc/yum.repos.d/ with:

[torproject]
name=Tor and Vidalia
enabled=1
autorefresh=0
baseurl=http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/rpm/fc12/
type=rpm-md
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY-torproject.org

**Then installed it with "yum install tor"

**Uninstalled privoxy with "yum remove privoxy"

**Installed polipo with "yum install polipo"

**configured polipo with "nano /etc/polipo/config" (What is my current polipo
configuration? check https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torbrowser/trunk/build-
scripts/config/polipo.conf)

**Problem is now, after issuing "/etc/init.d/polipo restart" this is
happening:

[root at localhost Nirjhor]# /etc/init.d/polipo restart
Stopping polipo:                                           [FAILED]
Starting polipo: Established listening socket on port 8118.

##Installed torbutton for firefox but can't browse anything with it. Also I
want to configure opera to use TOR.

Please guide me.................
--
Regards-