[Fedora-Bangladesh] Can't start dolphin as root via shell

Angel angel at linux.org.bd
Fri Jun 11 14:34:25 UTC 2010

U r already in root, so using kdesu, shell got confused.

Be root, su - .
Now type, dolphin. What do u get?

If that solves the prob, fine, else do this,
Open the shell as normal user,
Now type, kdesu dolphin.

kdesu means kde su.

PS: Did u c, I always be root using su - ?

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf
<zombiegenerator at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> This is happening whenever I'm trying to install dolphin via shell:
>
> [root at localhost oald]# kdesu dolphin
> kdesu(5074): Session bus not found
>
> KCrash: Application 'kdesu' crashing...
> sock_file=/root/.kde/socket-localhost.localdomain/kdeinit4__0
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
> drkonqi(5076): Session bus not found
>
> [root at localhost oald]#
>

> What to do now?
>
> --
> Regards-
> Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
> Documentation Team,
> Linux Mint Bangladesh,
> Bogra.

Angel
0DF8 3CD4 AFE3 68C6 2CDA 9F17 14B8 1A15 E5F7 73C2

Fedora -- Freedom² and rapid innovation