[Fedora-Bangladesh] Setting up wordpress localhost

Angel rahmanangel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:18:45 UTC 2010

# yum -y install wordpress

By default installation, WordPress would be installed into
/usr/share/wordpress. If you want to run wordpress from your apache root
folder like /var/www/html/wordpress,
simply issue the below commands.

# cd /var/www/html
# ln -s /usr/share/wordpress

Login to your MySQL server

# mysql -u root -pYOURMYSQL-PASSWORD

Once inside your MySQL server, create a new database to be used by WordPress
like so

mysql> create database wordpress-db;
mysql> quit

Then launch your favorite editor and edit /etc/wordpress/wp-config.php. And
edit the db info:

define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress-db'); // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'usernamehere'); // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'yourpasswordhere'); // ...and password

Start your Apache and MySQL server

# service apache start; service mysqld start

Fire up your browser and open your WordPress management page like so:

http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php

That's basically it.

If you got an error saying, Error establishing a database connection, check
you database name, database username and password. Make sure your apache and
mysql are both running.

PS: Sorry, I was away from all the Mailing List, for somedays. So da delay.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf
<zombiegenerator at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The topic is self defined. Can anybody please help me to set up wordpress
> localhost on Fedora 13?
> --
> Regards-
> Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
> Documentation Team,
> Linux Mint Bangladesh,
> Bogra.

Angel
0DF8 3CD4 AFE3 68C6 2CDA 9F17 14B8 1A15 E5F7 73C2

Fedora -- Freedom² and rapid innovation