[Fedora-Bangladesh] Can't run java applet in browser

Junayeed Ahnaf zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:00:24 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, June 30, 2010 06:48:00 am Angel wrote:
> N dont 4gt to restart da machine.

Well, did so. Still without luck.

Let me describe my problem in details. I've installed sun java with these
instruction:

http://fedorasolved.org/browser-solutions/java-i386

I did it cause at first glance I was not aware of the existence of open JDK.
Then when I saw things get messed up, I went to IRC and one told me to install
open JDK and added that they can co-exist. So I did it according to his
suggestion. But now even if I can run Java apps I still couldn't run java
applets.

Restarting didn't work. Any way to reverse the whole process to remove sun
java?

Just an addition:

[Nirjhor at localhost ~]$ whereis java
java: /usr/bin/java /etc/java /usr/lib/java /usr/share/java
/opt/jre1.6.0_20/bin/java /usr/share/man/man1/java.1.gz
[Nirjhor at localhost ~]$

--
Regards-
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor