[Fedora-Bangladesh] Compiling AVRO in Fedora

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:10:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 00:29 +0700, M Yakub Mizan wrote:
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> to compile you of curse need c compiler installed   .
> #yum install gcc gcc-c++

Did this also did yum install scim but the last few line is like this:

checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking for scim >= 0.99.8... Package scim was not found in the
pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`scim.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'scim'
found
configure: error: Library requirements (scim >= 0.99.8) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Now what? Should I post the full output?