build break help

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Oct 15 06:40:13 UTC 2013

On 10/15/2013 03:39 AM, Amir Sanjar wrote:

> Following below instructions listed at Test Suite section at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Hadoop#Test_suite
>
> Test suite
> In order to attempt to run any part of the test suite, you must first build
> the components (F18,F19):
>    1.	git clone git://github.com/fedora-bigdata/hadoop-common.git
>    2.	cd hadoop-common
>    3.	git checkout -b fedora-2.0.5-alpha-test
>       origin/fedora-2.0.5-alpha-test
>    4.	mvn-rpmbuild -Pdist,native -DskipTest -DskipTests -DskipIT install

mvn-rpmbuild script is deprecated and retained (for now) only for
compatibility with legacy packages.  It should not be used.

> I get following errors (in red), any help in advance would be appreciated .
>
> [ERROR] /home/sanjar/development/hadoop/fedora/release-2.0.5/hadoop-common/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-auth/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/security/authentication/client/AuthenticatorTestCase.java:[98,30]
>  cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   method setHost(java.lang.String)
>   location: interface org.eclipse.jetty.server.Connector
> [ERROR] /home/sanjar/development/hadoop/fedora/release-2.0.5/hadoop-common/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-auth/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/security/authentication/client/AuthenticatorTestCase.java:[99,30]
>  cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   method setPort(int)
>   location: interface org.eclipse.jetty.server.Connector

Looks like missing dependency (less likely) or incompatible dependency
version (more likely).

Generic algorithm in this case is:

Identify which dependencies differ
For each different dependency do:
  If upstream dependency is newer then
    update Fedora package providing the dependency
  else
    set dependency version in POM to the version used in Fedora
    port project (i.e. resolve compilation problems and test failures)
    create patch against upstream version
Build the package with created patches
Forward patches upstream

--