big data cloud image?

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Thu Jan 2 14:41:42 UTC 2014

On 12/17/2013 04:25 PM, Sam Kottler wrote:

> [...]

it would definitely be useful to provide an image w/ big data software
pre-installed. even installing the jvm ahead of time can significantly
reduce the time it takes to get the software up and running, not to
mention how big the hadoop dep graph is!

we're hoping to include ambari in f21 (just trying to pass some upstream
+ fedora hurdles right now), which will help w/ orchestration, but
that's only one path. ambari will use puppet recipes, but there's also
chef to consider.

it would be ideal if we could have the big data software delivered to
uses via cloud images (including nocloud for virt-install and vagrant)
as well as containers through the docker index.

best,

matt