Big Data Cloud Collaboration

Julien Eid jeid64 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:01:44 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

I'm helping out the Cloud image guys who are looking to collaborate with
this SIG to make Big Data images for people to use.  We were wondering what
packages and features you would like to see in the image that we could
include and if there were specific things you guys were looking for. We're
currently thinking of making a Hadoop ecosystem image geared for people
wanting to get interested in that kind of thing and maybe some day down the
line make a Mesos ecosystem one. We are interested in having the image be
usable in different topologies (single node or multi node). Haïkel Guémar (
hguemar at fedoraproject.org) and I will be acting as a liaison with the Cloud
SIG and both SIG's would be the co-owners of this image. I have a proposal
here that talks about the general plan but I would love to get feedback to
be more specific in what gets made.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Big_Data_Cloud_Image

Thanks!